Lee Bullen Engineering Ltd (Biosafe) are currently seeking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to integrate into the current operational team in Erith, Kent. We are looking for experienced Professionals with preferably, a background in the water industry, gas or Biogas to work predominantly in and around the London area with some work around the UK.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager working full time, you will be required to work as an integral part of the team and be able to demonstrate a good hands-on approach with a good accredited knowledge of health and safety and knowledge of CDM would be a distinct advantage.
You will be required to undertake all aspects of managing health and safety throughout the company, assisting with the compiling and maintenance of CDM H&S Files and the day to day running of company health and safety processes. Based at our Erith offices, you will be required to visit sites with some working from home as and when suitable.
Key Tasks & Activities
- Setup and maintain processes and procedures relating to H&S
- Assist with the compilation and maintenance of CDM H&S Files
- Plan, implement and coordinate safety programs to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions. Promoting workplace and equipment safety by identifying and monitoring potential hazards to people or the site’s equipment
- To maintain the company ISO management system and other accreditations
- To undertake and review contractors risk assessments and method statements
Background and Experience
- Mechanical or electrical biased
- Good logical thought process
- Knowledge and experience of CDM
- Knowledge of the water industry
- NEBOSH or equivalent required
- Team ethic
- Flexibility and proactive
- Effective troubleshooter
- Self-motivation and prepared to work diligently
- Commitment and loyalty
- Good time management